A message from Mr. Pageau:
Welcome to all new and returning families. As your school nurse, I enjoy the very special privilege of caring for your child. The goal of the health office is to maximize each child’s potential to learn and grow by providing the best possible health care. I am passionate in my commitment to the well-being of all students at our school. If at anytime you have questions, please feel free to give me a call at 594-3986, ext. 2611.
The following is our school policy concerning medications and their transportation to school:
New York State REQUIRES all necessary medications (even over the counter medications) to be administered by the school nurse. The following requirements MUST be followed:
- Each prescription OR over the counter medication, must have a doctor’s note with his/her signature, your child’s name and a note cosigned by a parent or legal guardian.
- All medications must be provided from home, in the original UNOPENED container or prescription bottle.
- All containers must clearly state your child’s name, the name of the medication, and how and when the medication if to be administered.
- All medications must be delivered to and from school by an adult. NO medications are to be transported on the buses.
- Every attempt will be made to notify parents in the event the nurse will not be available to administer medication.
For the safety and security of all our children, there will be NO exceptions to this policy. Medications delivered in any other manner will NOT be administered. Thank you for your cooperation.